So….happy July. The year is half over. It’s time to take a quick assessment and make adjustments as needed. What’s good, not so good, lousy. Let’s go!
* I’m running regularly again, typically five days a week. I’m focusing on my goals (fall races, staying healthy, having fun) with a good mix of easy runs, hill work, tempo runs and long runs.
* I joined a weekend running group (Indiana Trail Running) and have run with them a half-dozen times, usually at Fort Ben. They have helped me enjoy the miles and get a little faster.
* I push myself on days I don’t feel like running. Having challenging fall races on the calendar helps a lot.
* I’m losing weight (but not as quickly as a decade or two ago).
* I resumed strength training with push-ups and free weights. It’s a good start, and I need to expand it with core training.
* I had fun re-reading old running journals and starting a new one. All in all, I’m happy with how things are progressing.
* Running gives me joy. It’s as simple as that.
* In non-running news, I remodeled my kitchen, did some good things at work, won some awards, and choked back a tear as my older son graduated from high school. Our family also rescued two cats from the shelter.